The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University offers a number of selected resources for educators and teachers. The materials may be used to support the full spectrum of educational levels, from high school through graduate school, as well as professional and continuing education.
Here is a listing of materials of particular interest to educators. Note especially the syllabus exchange database which may offer guidance for preparing a lesson plan for a bioethics class. Once you have chosen items of interest to you, you may choose to contact the Library and place those items on personal hold or reserve for a class, for use in the Library.
- ShareMyLesson.com – by teachers, for teachers
- Anthologies/Introductory Texts
- Bioethics Journals
- Bioethics Movie List
- One-click Bibliographies on Bioethics Topics
- Syllabus Exchange Database
By Education Level
- Bioethics in High Schools in Australia, Japan and New Zealand by Darryl R.J. Macer, Yukiko Asada, Miho Tsuzuki, Shiro Akiyama, Nobuko Y. Macer. Ibaraki, Japan: Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1996.
- Eubios Ethics Institute. Bioethics Education for Informed Citizens Across Cultures
- Kennedy Institute of Ethics High School Bioethics Curriculum Project (HSBCP)
- Lesson Planet: The Search Engine for Teachers
- Northwest Association for Biomedical Research (NWABR)
- National Institutes of Health. Clinical Center for Bioethics. Exploring Bioethics: Curriculum Supplement
- University of Pennsylvania. High School Bioethics Project
- National Center Case Study Teaching in Science, University of New York at Buffalo
- National Undergraduate Bioethics Conference
- American Association of Medical Colleges. MedEdPORTAL®
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Task Force on Ethics and Humanities Education in Undergraduate Medical Programs
- National Academy of Engineering. Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Research
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Improving Competencies in Clinical Ethics Education: An Education Guide
- Canadian Medical Association Journal, Bioethics for Clinicians Series