The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University is a destination library for bioethics scholars worldwide and a remarkable historical study space for the Georgetown community. Ask a Librarian
Explore some of the most difficult – and fascinating – moral challenges we face in health, medicine, and emerging technologies.
- EthxWeb — a richly indexed database that consolidates interdisciplinary bioethics material covering 1974-2009.
Explore more databases prepared by the BRL.
- PubMed — comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. View recently added documents in core bioethics journals, limit to free full text documents, or search the PubMed Bioethics subset.
- Philosopher’s Index — the primary index to the literature of philosophy. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- PhilPapers — a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers.
- EthicShare — a community website to research, share, collaborate, and participate in the field of ethics.
- BELIT (Bioethics Literature Database) — provides access to approximately 470,000 records from integrated German, American and French databases.
- Google Scholar — provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources.
For a list of all academic databases available at Georgetown University view the A to Z Database List.
Request an article or journal
Georgetown-affiliated users can request materials through Article Reach, Consortium Loan Service, or InterLibrary Loan. Learn how to request an article or journal title.
We have updated all of our mezzanine study lamps and chandeliers with new energy efficient LED lightbulbs. Not only do these new bulbs use less energy, last longer, and don’t contain mercury but they also produce a warmer color of light that is more pleasant and welcoming. We hope you enjoy the updated lightning during your next visit.
Like this change? Like us on Facebook and let us know!
Did you know that the Bioethics Research Library houses unique materials from important bioethics commissions, scholars, and organizations? Selected materials from 22 unique archival collections are available by request for Georgetown University researchers to examine in the Bioethics Research Library.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Weekdays
Noon to 5:00 pm, Saturday
Closed on Sunday
Closed Saturday, March 8th
Closed Saturday, March 15th