Using the Library for Research
Our beautiful, quiet reading room and bioethics book collection is located in 102 Healy Hall. Students are welcome to study, borrow books, ask for reference and research assistance, and of course to join us for Cookie Fridays.
The Georgetown Bioethics Research Library is open to
- current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff;
- Georgetown University alumni;
- Sustainer and Patron members of the Georgetown University Library Associates program;
- registered Visiting Scholars and Visiting Researchers; and
- current students and faculty of other Washington Research Library Consortium schools.
Members of these groups should bring appropriate identification when they come to the Library. Borrowing privileges for the BRL may be found online. The Library is not open for use to the general public. Visitors to historic Healy Hall are welcome to briefly enter the Library to view the beautiful ceilings, ornate stained glass windows and classical revival architecture. Please contact us in advance if you are a visiting scholar and would like to register for use of the Bioethics Research Library.
Research and Reference Services
The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University provides research and reference services at no charge to health care professionals, educators, students, and visitors. Please complete the bioethics search assistance form so that we may generate statistics for this service. Georgetown students may also request in-person bioethics research consultations.
Use the Item Hold Form to request holds on items for Library use.
Use the Library Reserves Request Form to place items on reserve for a class.
Use this form to Request Books from Off-Campus Shelving.
Use this form to Request Materials from the Bioethics Research Library Archives.
The Bioethics Research Library is available after 5pm on weekdays to host GU department and student group events.
- Articles and Journals
- Ask a Librarian
- Bioethics Journals
- Bioethics Resources for Students
- Catalog Search
- Event Space Reservations
- Flex Hours Schedule
- Interlibrary Loan Services
- Item Hold Request Form
- Library Feedback
- Recommend a Bioethics Book
- Request a Book from Off-Campus Shelving
- Resources for Educators
- Resources for Health Care Professionals
- Resources for Librarians
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
Washington, DC 20057-1212
102 Healy Hall
37th & “O” Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20057-1212
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday Evening Flex Hours 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm on scheduled weekdays. View the BRL Flex Hours schedule.
- Noon to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday
Holidays & Closings
- April 3-6, Easter Break
- May 25, Memorial Day
- Mark Hakkarinen, M.A.
Head of Information Services
- Martina Darragh, M.L.S.
Deputy Director, Reference
- Roxie France-Nuriddin, B.A.
Reference and Program Specialist, IMSE Collection Curator
- Patricia C. Martin, M.A.
Technical Services Manager
- Nat Norton, M.A.L.S., C.A.
Archives and Digital Technician
The Bioethics Research Library is part of the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University.