This list of online resources and databases in bioethics is collated and maintained by the Bioethics Research Library of the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University.
Online Bioethics Databases
- PubMed — comprises over 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. View recently added documents in core bioethics journals or limit to free full text documents. You can also search using the bioethics subset.
- EthxWeb — our richly indexed database that consolidates interdisciplinary bioethics material covering 1974-2009, with extensive subject bibliographies in bioethics. Explore more databases prepared by the BRL.
- PhilPapers — a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers.
- Web of Science —provides you access to reliable, integrated, multidisciplinary research. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- Global Digital Library on Ethics — Globethics.net offers access to a large number of resources on ethics.
- Global Ethics Observatory — The Global Ethics Observatory is a system of databases with worldwide coverage in bioethics and other areas of applied ethics.
- Philosopher’s Index — the primary index to the literature of philosophy. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- ProQuest Research Library — a multidisciplinary resource featuring a diversified mix of sources. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- BELIT (Bioethics Literature Database) — provides access to approximately 470,000 records from integrated German, American and French databases.
- EthicShare — a community website to research, share, collaborate, and participate in the field of ethics.
- Google Scholar — there are pros and cons, but it can be a useful tool to supplement your research using search alerts.
Additional Tips and Tools