Bioethics News

Successful Launch of the 2nd Edition Global Bioethics Summer Program in Manhattan, NYC 2016!

Interested in getting involved in bioethics? Join Global Bioethics Initiative’s summer program organized annually in Manhattan, NYC and Dubrovnik, Croatia, where we discuss controversial issues such as embryonic stem cell research, human cloning, gene therapy, human genetic engineering, organ trafficking, euthanasia, and human enhancement.

Our notable faculty and eager participants are exceptional, with complex multicultural backgrounds, educations, and experience. Over the past couple of days in Manhattan, we have enjoyed lectures and film screenings during the week and field trips on the weekend.

Here are some testimonials from the international participants of our Manhattan session, July 11-18, 216.

“As a Biomedical Engineer working in research at a university in Bogota, Colombia, I have experience both in structuring, reviewing and presenting research proposals. I decided to attend the Global Bioethics Initiative Summer Program to inform myself about current bioethical issues facing the scientific community, so that I could apply that knowledge to my own work in order to make better informed decisions. The program has far exceeded my expectations. The diversity of the lecturers and the other participants both in their professional backgrounds and cultural diversity allows for so much insight. We have had lecturers speak to us about topics ranging from human stem cell culture to in-vitro fertilization to forced human organ trafficking. The expertise of those involved has allowed me to grow personally, and the networking opportunities have been priceless. I can’t wait to see what else is in store for us in this once in a lifetime opportunity.”
Luis Martinez, Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Bogota, Hospital Universitario La Samaritana

“I was motivated to attend the Global Bioethics Initiative Summer School in Manhattan because of my desire to expand my knowledge of the bioethical issues that surround us.