April 15, 2015
(Medical Xpress) – Traces of Ebola have been found in the semen of a man six months after his recovery, the World Health Organization said Wednesday, urging survivors to practice safe sex “until further notice”. The man had been declared free of the deadly virus in Liberia last September, WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic told AFP. “He has provided a semen sample which has tested… positive for Ebola, 175 days after his negative blood test,” he said in an email.
The views, opinions and positions expressed by these authors and blogs are theirs and do not necessarily represent that of the Bioethics Research Library and Kennedy Institute of Ethics or Georgetown University.