The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University is a destination library for bioethics scholars worldwide and a remarkable historical study space for the Georgetown community.
Welcome to the Bioethics Research Library
Find books, articles, e-resources, and more
Browse bioethics ebooks, new books at the BRL, materials stored off-campus, or the journal/serial holdings of the BRL.
- EthxWeb — a richly indexed database that consolidates interdisciplinary bioethics material covering 1974-2009. Explore more databases prepared by the BRL.
- PubMed — comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. View recently added documents in core bioethics journals, limit to free full text documents, or search using the PubMed Bioethics subset.
- Philosopher's Index — the primary index to the literature of philosophy. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- PhilPapers — a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers.
- EthicShare — a community website to research, share, collaborate, and participate in the field of ethics.
- BELIT (Bioethics Literature Database) — provides access to approximately 470,000 records from integrated German, American and French databases.
- Google Scholar — provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources.
Online Access at Georgetown University
Many databases provide links to full text. If you need access to a specific article or journal try the following:
Look for "Find full-text @ GU" (or a library link) for article access.
Find journals by title or ISSN
Browse Bioethics Journals
View full text options for an article
If you have the citation already, you may use the citation linker tool to look up full text options at Georgetown University.
Request an article or journal
Not affiliated with Georgetown University?
The Bioethics Research Library participates in InterLibrary Loan, including DOCLINE, and you may request articles via your local library's Interlibrary Loan program.
Explore by topic
- Organ donation and transplantation
- Research – Animals
- Research – Human beings
- More Topics »
Featured projects & collections
The Islamic Medical and Scientific Ethics (IMSE) Project
A collaborative effort of two Georgetown Libraries, the Bioethics Research Library and the School of Foreign Service-Qatar Library (Doha), to produce a comprehensive collection of resources pertaining to Islamic perspectives in the broad field of bioethics.