The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University is an interdisciplinary and multi-format collection on ethical issues related to health care, biomedical research, biotechnology, and the environment. More »
Welcome to the Bioethics Research Library
Find books, audiovisuals, e-resources, and more
View new titles at the BRL, all materials at off-campus shelving, or all journal/serial holdings of the BRL.
Advanced catalog search
View advanced search forms for GU, WRLC, or DigitalGeorgetown.
- EthxWeb — a richly indexed database that consolidates interdisciplinary bioethics material covering 1974-2009. Explore more databases prepared by the BRL.
- PubMed — comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. View recently added documents in core bioethics journals or limit to free full text documents.
- Philosopher's Index — the primary index to the literature of philosophy. Available online if your library has purchased a subscription to the database.
- PhilPapers — a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers.
- EthicShare — a community website to research, share, collaborate, and participate in the field of ethics.
- BELIT (Bioethics Literature Database) — provides access to approximately 470,000 records from integrated German, American and French databases.
- Google Scholar — provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources.
Online Access at Georgetown University
Many databases provide links to full text. If you need access to a specific article or journal try the following:
Look for "Find full-text @ GU" (or a library link) for article access.
Find journals by title or ISSN
Browse Bioethics Journals
View full text options for an article
If you have the citation already, you may use the citation linker tool to look up full text options at Georgetown University.
Request an article or journal
Not affiliated with Georgetown University?
The Bioethics Research Library participates in InterLibrary Loan, including DOCLINE, and you may request articles via your local library's Interlibrary Loan program.
Explore by topic
- Organ donation and transplantation
- Research – Animals
- Research – Human beings
- More Topics »
Featured projects & collections
Bioethics Syllabus Exchange Repository
Since 1986, the Syllabus Exchange Repository at the Bioethics Research Library has functioned as a clearinghouse for bioethics syllabi to promote the study of bioethics as a discipline. The collection consists of over 600 syllabi in 3 languages from 12 countries.
The Library continues to add bioethics syllabi in all languages to the Syllabus Exchange Repository. Syllabi submissions can be for current or former course offerings. Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org