The Bioethics Research Library (BRL), located in Georgetown University’s historic Healy Hall, is pleased to offer its reading room as a space for designated and appropriate events. As one of the research and educational resources on the main campus, the library serves Georgetown students, faculty and staff, and is normally open during business hours for access to materials, student studying, and visiting researchers. Therefore, regular availability for events during the academic terms is restricted to after 4pm, which is inclusive of set-up time, on weekdays only. Availability is extended during the summer term, student breaks, and university holidays; see the additional reservation policies below. There is a $600 rental fee for using this space.
- The BRL is available Monday – Friday (4 pm – 11 pm). Please note that set-up in the library cannot begin until AFTER 4:00 pm.
- For events after January 1st, 2017, there is an additional $150 convenience fee for any weekday reservation starting before 5:00pm. As our library is regularly open until 5:00pm on weekdays, please only request a start time earlier than 5:00pm if it is necessary for your event.
- The time requested must include set-up and clean-up time.
- Reservations will not be accepted more than 60 days in advance.
- A reservation request must be received in order to confirm the reservation.
- A walk-through with the KIE Events Manager is required prior to your event.
- You must receive an e-mail confirmation from the KIE Events Manager in order for your event to be confirmed/guaranteed.
- Registrations must be received a minimum of one week before the event date.
- During study and exam days the Bioethics Research Library is reserved for student use as a study space.
- Daytime Reservation: The BRL is also available Monday – Friday (8 am – 11 pm) for a $1000 rental fee. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required to close the library.
- Weekend Reservation: The BRL is available on Saturday and Sunday (8 am – 11 pm). For events lasting 6 hours or less (inclusive of set-up and clean-up time) the fee is $600. For events lasting longer than 6 hours there is a $1000 rental fee.
- To facilitate planning, reservations will be accepted up to one year in advance for full-day and weekend reservations taking place during student breaks, university holidays, and summer term dates.
Complete policies are listed on the room reservation form. Please contact Lukas Chandler at 202-687-0360 or firstname.lastname@example.org. with any questions or concerns regarding scheduling an event or the room policy. Thank you for your interest!
Policies last updated on Oct 28, 2016.
Event Setup Examples: