Using the Library for Research
Our historic reading room and collection is located in 102 Healy Hall. We invite patrons to enjoy the space for quiet study, borrowing books, seeking research assistance from our in-house specialists, and exploring special resources available such as our archival collections.
The Library is open to:
- current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff;
- Georgetown University alumni;
- Sustainers and Patrons of the Georgetown University Library Associates program;
- registered Visiting Scholars and Visiting Researchers;
- individuals with Corporate Borrowing Privileges; and
- current students and faculty of Washington Research Library Consortium schools.
While the Library is not open for use to the general public, visitors to historic Healy Hall are welcome to briefly enter to view the Library’s beautiful painted ceilings, ornate stained glass windows, and classical revival architecture.
Using the Library for Events
The Bioethics Research Library is available after 5pm on weekdays during term to host Georgetown University events or (by special arrangement) special events such as conferences or receptions. Availability is extended during the summer term, student breaks, and university holidays.