Bioethics Research Links
Click on a question below to access a list of “starter resources” on a pressing question in bioethics. Designed to kick-start initial research on an issue, these lists are generated by a custom search of databases vetted by our staff using state-of-the-art practices of indexing, subject terms, and information retrieval. Advanced search queries draw from popular open databases such as PubMed, HathiTrust, Summon, WorldCat and our own in-house databases, available through DigitalGeorgetown, together with resources that require an institutional login to access (indicated by the key icon). These include essential resources like Proquest Research Library, JSTOR, Academic Search Premier and Web of Knowledge / Web of Science.
Get started with these inquiries:
- Are there state, federal, and international laws that regulate health care for surrogate mothers?
- Is mandatory vaccination of health care workers ethical?
- Is morality an evolutionary concept?
- Is there an ethical basis for physician participation in state-ordered capital punishment?
- What are Buddhist religious perspectives on bioethical issues?
- What are Catholic religious perspectives on bioethical issues?
- What are Confucian perspectives on bioethical issues?
- What are Hindu religious perspectives on bioethical issues?
- What are Jewish religious perspectives on bioethical issues?
- What are the “slippery slope” arguments raised in discussions of physician suicide and voluntary euthanasia?
- What are the ethical and legal policies related to the disposition of frozen and excess embryos in the United States?