Bioethics Literacy Resources
This list of resources was developed for members of Ethics Committees, but anyone seeking to expand their familiarity and facility with core topics and terms in bioethics should find these resources useful.
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities publications
- Core Competencies for Healthcare Ethics Consultation. Glenview, IL: American Society for Bioethics and Humanties, 2011. 60 p.
- Improving Competencies in Clinical Ethics Consultation: An Education Guide. Glenview, IL: American Society for Bioethics and Humanities, 2009. 96 p.
- National Center for Ethics in Health Care, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. IntegratedEthics. http://www.ethics.va.gov/integratedethics/ieresources.asp
- Nelson, William A., and Elliott, Barbara A. Critical Access Hospital Ethics Committee Resource Guide. Hanover, New Hampshire: Dartmouth College, 2012. http://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/cfm/resources/cahe/cah_guide.pdf
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Masters and Other Academic Centers and Programs (not organized by type of course, but you can search for online): http://www.asbh.org/meetings/resources/academic-resource-links.html
- Office of Extramural Research, National Institutes of Health. Protecting Human Research Participants: https://phrp.nihtraining.com/users/login.php
- Kennedy Institute of Ethics continuing education offerings, Georgetown University: https://kennedyinstitute.georgetown.edu/education/professional/
- Bioethics Intensives, Berman Institute of Bioethics. Johns Hopkins University: http://www.bioethicsinstitute.org/education-training-2/bioethics-intensives
- Consortium Ethics Program, University of Pittsburgh: http://www.pitt.edu/~cep/
- Educational Programs, PRIM&R – Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research
(some are online): http://www.primr.org/eventcalendar.aspx
- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research, Department of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health – course lectures: http://www.bioethics.nih.gov/courses/ethical-regulatory-aspects.shtml
- NIH bioethics videos and podcasts: http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp?c=22
- NCBC Two-Day Seminars, National Catholic Bioethics Center: http://www.ncbcenter.org/annual_seminars
- Society for Clinical Research Excellence (some are online): http://www.socra.org/