The Bioethics Research Library may be known for its rare materials and special collections, but we are also home to one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of books and journals on bioethics and applied ethics topics as well.
Below are tools that help you search our holdings. Borrowing privileges for the Library may be found here.
Search our catalog
Locating our materials
Using the search box above, you’ll find books with the following designations. Here is what they mean:
- Bioethics KIE Stx: these materials are located in our reading room, on the first floor of Healy Hall.
- Off-Campus Shelving – BRL: these materials are located in our offsite preservation facility, so you must fill out this form to request the book.
- Bioethics KIE (Kampelman): this special collection on Jewish ethics is also located off-site; please ask to browse the collection or use the green button to request a specific title you are interested in.
Additional links + Resources
- Browse bioethics ebooks, the entire BRL collection, materials stored off-campus, or the journal/serial holdings of the BRL.
- View recommended bioethics journals and the library’s physical journal subscriptions, including quick links to search PubMed.
- Looking for academic articles? Try GU OneSearch or our recommended bioethics databases.
Expand your search
Expand your search to nearby and regional libraries via advanced search forms for GU, WRLC, or WorldCat. If Georgetown University doesn’t have the book your are looking for the a good second place to search is the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC), which includes all the nearby university libraries. For a broader search, WorldCat will search for all other non-academic libraries nearby, including the DC Public Library System.