The Bioethics Research Library may be known for its rare materials and special collections, but we are also home to one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of books and journals on bioethics and applied ethics topics as well.
Below are tools that help you search our holdings. Borrowing privileges for the Library may be found here.
Search our catalog
Locating our materials
The search box above uses the discovery tool HoyaSearch, for Georgetown University Library and the Washington Research Library Consortium. Here are the designations you will see for the Bioethics Research Library and what they mean::
- Bioethics KIE Stx: these materials are located in our reading room, on the first floor of Healy Hall, Room 102.
- Off-Campus Shelving – BRL: these materials are located in our offsite preservation facility.
- Bioethics KIE (Kampelman): this special collection on Jewish ethics is also located off-site; please ask to browse the collection or use HoyaSearch to request a specific title you are interested in.
Additional links + Resources
- View recommended bioethics journals and the library’s physical journal subscriptions, including quick links to search PubMed.
- Looking for academic articles? Try HoyaSearch or our recommended bioethics databases.
Expand your search
For a broader search, WorldCat will search for all other non-academic libraries nearby, including the DC Public Library System.