The 7th International Symposium on Brain Death will be held in Havana, Cuba, from December 5 to 8, 2017.
• Conceptual approach to human death
• BD criteria in different countries
• Ancillary tests in BD
• Autonomic nervous system assessment in BD
• BD in childhood
• Anencephalic infants
• End-of-life dilemmas: terminal patient, euthanasia, assisted suicide,
• Legal considerations surrounding BD
• Philosophical, theological, sociological, historical and cultural considerations of human death
• Organ transplantation
The views, opinions and positions expressed by these authors and blogs are theirs and do not necessarily represent that of the Bioethics Research Library and Kennedy Institute of Ethics or Georgetown University.