Synthesizing SBER Learning at AER16

One of my goals for attending the 2016 Advancing Ethical Research Conference (AER16) was to figure out a plan for how to address a growing need on my campus. Each year, we have more students interested in research. This means the Ethical Research Board (ERB) at my institution needs a clear path to support the faculty in the design and incorporation of research into their coursework and a way to educate students on how to create and conduct an ethical research project, all without overwhelming its members. The majority of our projects are social, behavioral, and educational research (SBER), and most are minimal risk, but as I mentioned in a previous post we are a new board, still working on our procedures and policies. I waited to discuss this goal in my wrap-up post intentionally – my questions were not necessarily addressed in a single session, but rather over the course of the the four days, through a series of sessions, networking luncheons, conversations, and panels.

The post Synthesizing SBER Learning at AER16 appeared first on Ampersand.