Reflect, Reframe, Remember: Takeaways from AER16

This year’s Advancing Ethical Research (AER) Conference provided me with the depth of knowledge I was expecting, but also with a new perspective that I had not anticipated. Full disclosure: I went to this conference assuming the pre-conference program would be most applicable and useful to my job. The pre-conference that I attended, IRB201, was, indeed, amazing. I walked away having memorized the 45 CFR 46.111 criteria for IRB review and approval and the ability to apply them to a protocol (or at least a practice protocol). Over the last few weeks, this new skill has carried me far; it has substantially refined my pre-review process, allowing me to more thoroughly and efficiently deliver an IRB protocol to my IRB administrator for her review. As one of just four IRB staff members at my institution, anything that streamlines the process and decreases burden is welcomed, and my newfound efficiency has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

The post Reflect, Reframe, Remember: Takeaways from AER16 appeared first on Ampersand.

Source: Ampersand, the blog of PRIM&R.