A Prayer

In honor of Easter Week, I decided to do something different for my post this week and share a prayer from the book of Common Prayer:

O God, who for our redemption didst give thine only-begotten Son to the death of the cross, and by his glorious resurrection hast delivered us from the power of our enemy: Grant us so to die daily to sin, that we may evermore live with in him in the joy of his resurrection; through the same thy Son Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

As I read and contemplated this prayer, I was reminded of our work as Christian bioethicists and the redemption that God offers to each of us daily. As we encounter individuals going through trials, tragedies, and challenging decisions, may we always remember the redemption that Christ offers and choose to respond to all situations we face in light of the joy of his resurrection.