Meet the PRIM&R Blog Squad: Angela Craig

PRIM&R is pleased to introduce the members of the Blog Squad for the 2015 Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Conference. The Blog Squad is composed of PRIM&R members who will blog live from the conference.

We are proud to introduce you to the second Blog Squad member, Angela Craig, DVM, lab animal veterinarian and IACUC member at the University of Minnesota.

Hello! I am a clinical laboratory animal veterinarian and IACUC member at the University of Minnesota. Despite my Midwest upbringing, I am a big fan of Boston—its history, the delicious seafood, and especially the people who call it home. I cannot wait to attend the 2015 IACUC Conference in this celebrated and welcoming city as a member of the Blog Squad.

It is my second time attending this PRIM&R educational event. While reviewing the schedule, I thought it would be easier for me to select one from the many didactic sessions and workshops offered during each session series, but it was as difficult as last year! Thankfully, regardless of your research oversight role or the size and type of institution you serve, there are many informative and timely topics which will influence your perspective and impact your work in a positive way. With the pre-conference programming, keynote addresses, and other special events, I plan to have a long list of new ideas and refined processes to share and implement when I return home.

Like many of you, I am an avid reader. Frigid Northern winters seem gentler and shorter with a hot cup of tea and a good book in hand.