The University of Pittsburgh Center for Bioethics and Health Law is presenting its 24th Annual Medical Ethics Update: “The Cruzan Case 25 Years Later: Its Legacy & Its Future” on Friday, March 27, 2015.
- “When Doctors Can’t or Don’t Say No” – Barron Lerner, MD, PhD
Other Lectures and Panels:
- End-of-life decisionmaking
- Palliative care and communication at the end-of-life
- Breakthrough Drugs/Break the bank prices
- Addressing conflict with families at the end-of-life
- Legislation that interferes with the doctor-patient relationship
- When is futile care futile?
- Advance directives – problems and prospects
- Conflict resolution in health care
- End-of-life care in individuals with severe persistent mental illness
- HIPAA – collaboration between clinicians and law enforcement in threat management and crisis intervention
The views, opinions and positions expressed by these authors and blogs are theirs and do not necessarily represent that of the Bioethics Research Library and Kennedy Institute of Ethics or Georgetown University.